The Oakland/Bay Area Chapter of the National Coalition of 100 Black Women invites you to learn about our signature program—Positive Steps.
The Positive Steps Program is a mentoring program for young ladies that focuses on personal growth and development, cultural enrichment, and social development. Positive Steps affords young women, ages 12-17,
an opportunity to further recognize their potential for success. Positive Steps Program participants take an active role in a variety of NCBW events and they are recognized for achievement during the annual Madam C.J. Walker Business and Professional Women’s Luncheon. Participants may also receive graduation and matriculation awards and an opportunity to receive one of the Coalition’s Annual Scholarship Awards.
Our vision is to see young women STEP into a POSITIVE future, one STEP at a time!
The Yearly Events and Activities may include but are not limited to the following:
- Positive Steps Orientation & Program Review
- Mentoring by NCBW members (Power Steps)
- Madam CJ Walker Luncheon hostess (Giving Steps)
- Positive Steps Essay Contest (Power Steps)
- Financial Education/Workshop (Wealthy Steps)
- Dr. Martin Luther King/Black History Month Activity(Community Steps)
- Health & Wellness Fundraiser/Fair (Healthy Steps)
- Holiday season event (Adventure Steps)
- Slumber Party, Rap Session & Community Activity (Adventure & Giving Steps)
- Opportunity for participation in Black College Tour (Power Steps)
- Opportunity to earn points and recognition by NCBW members (Power Steps)
- And many more interesting and exciting activities that you can help plan!!!
What to Expect
You will meet monthly with members of our chapter, generally on the 3rd Saturday of the month from 1-3 in the afternoon. There will be times when there is an activity planned in which case we will not have our regularly scheduled meeting
National Coalition of 100 Black Women, Inc.
Oakland/Bay Area Chapter
Serving the Bay Area Since 1995